Why Choose our Trust?
- Are you someone who enjoys seeing young people develop and flourish?
- Do you enjoy working in a high performing team?
- Are you able to see the best in people, students, colleagues and the wider community and look to utilise their strengths?
- Are you enthusiastic, confident, empathetic, tenacious and resourceful?
If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Thank you for considering Tenterden Schools Trust as your next employer whether as a teacher or in one of the other varied roles on offer, from learning support and IT to premises management and HR.
We offer an exciting, supportive career opportunity for all our colleagues across our community Trust.
All our schools retain their unique identities whilst engaging in the wider TST ethos:-
Students thrive in ambitious and successful schools, ready for what the future has in store for them
Excellent Community and Faith Schools, maintaining their own identity and serving their local community
A continuous, all-through educational experience from 0-19, creating smooth transitions between phases
We offer the following to our colleagues:-
- Teachers Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme dependent on whether teaching or associate staff
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Retail, Health & Leisure Offers through Kent Rewards
- Specsavers Vouchers
- Flu vouchers
- Home Farm Children’s Nursery – 10% discount for Tenterden Schools Trust employees. The Nursery offers full day and seasonal care for children aged 6 months to 5 years
- The Sinden Theatre – 10% discount for events booked at our fantastic theatre
- C B Motors (Kent) Ltd – 10% discount on all tyres and servicing. MOTs £39.95
- Discount for Teachers – A free online website, which has a huge range of money saving discounts, deals and vouchers available to anybody working in the education sector
- Maitland Medical Occupational Health Specialists (Maitland offer a dedicated employee well-being website “I WILL” together with a broad range of wellbeing services)
- Regular staff surveys – we review all responses and make changes
- How can we help you? – we want to know how to improve your work experience; staff are encouraged to share their ideas
- Regular recognition and praise
- Seasonal events (Christmas jumpers, World Book Day, Staff Choir, Staff Dance, etc)
- Opportunities to involve yourself in the wider school life
- Staff well-being programme with well-being sessions offered to all staff as part of CPD
- School gym
- Opportunities to involve yourself in the wider school life, Duke of Edinburgh, Cadets, a wide variety of clubs, international trips and visits
Teaching and learning
- A commitment to rarely cover
- A commitment to reducing workload
Behavioural and Pastoral Support
This is backed up by strong pastoral support:-
- Open-door Senior Leadership
- An expectation that all staff address behaviour and work together to maintain high standards of behaviour from students
- Visible Leadership, available throughout the day to support staff and behaviour across the school
- Dedicated staff to support with pastoral and behaviour issues